Loot Recruit (www.lootrecruit.com) is operated by Loot Ltd.
These terms and conditions ("the Terms") govern your use of this website (the "website") owned and operated by Loot Limited ("Loot").
Please read through the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, do not use this website. If you do use the website, your conduct indicates that you agree to be bound by the Terms.
Unless otherwise specified the copyright in the contents of all the pages in this website are owned or licensed to Loot.
Unless otherwise specified, the authors of the literary and artistic works in the pages in this website have asserted their moral right pursuant to Section 77 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author of those works.
Except as stated below, the contents of this website may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior express written permission of Loot.
You may not distribute, display or copy any of the contents of the pages contained in this website to third parties including, but not limited to "caching" any material on this website for access by third parties and "mirroring" any material on this website.
You may not provide a link to this website from any other website without first obtaining Loot's prior written consent.
You may print or download to disk the contents of an individual page of this website for the purpose of private and personal non-commercial use.
You may also permit your computer to make an electronically stored, transient copy of the content in this website for the purpose of viewing it while connected to the Internet only.
However, you may only make one copy of any content.
You must be at least eighteen years of age to view the Adult section of this website or to link to external adult websites from this website.
The information contained in the material in this website is only for information purposes. Loot makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. The material on this website does not constitute advice and you should not rely on any material in this website to make (or refrain from making) any decision or take (or refrain from taking) any action.
Loot does not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or fitness for purpose of any material on this website or the reliability of the access to this website.
In no event do we accept liability of any description, including liability for negligence (except for personal injury or death), for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, loss of business, revenue, profits, or consequential loss) whatsoever resulting from performance of, use of or inability to use this website.
While Loot endeavours to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, Loot shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Loot's control.
Loot makes no warranty that this website is (or websites which are linked to this website are) is free from computer viruses or any other malicious or impairing computer program.
The pages contained in this website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors.
The information in these pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date.
We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
All users are advised to check advert details carefully before entering into any agreements of any kind. If in doubt, please seek legal advice.
This web site contains material (including but not limited to advertisements) submitted and created by third parties. All advertisements published in Loot are subject to the Advertiser Terms and Conditions. All third party material is published by Loot in good faith. Loot do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of such material (nor is any warranty expressed or implied by publication) and Loot specifically disclaims and excludes all liability to any person (be they advertiser, reader or user) for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever or however arising from any error, omission or inaccuracy in such material and Loot takes no responsibility for such material.
In the event that you purchase or obtain any goods or services from a third party then your acquisition of such goods or services will be in accordance with the third party's terms and conditions and Loot will have no liability to you in respect of the same.
This website also contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by Loot. Loot is not responsible for the content of those sites. Loot provides these links for your convenience only but does not necessarily endorse the material on these sites.
All product names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. Some documents may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information relating to that document or organisation. You agree that Loot has not conferred by implication, or otherwise, any licence or right under any patent, trademark or copyright (except as expressly provided) of Loot or of any third party.
By submitting any material to Loot, you automatically grant Loot the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You acknowledge that Loot is not obliged to publish any material submitted by you.
By submitting an advertisement to Loot you automatically agree to be bound by the Advertiser Terms and conditions.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
Loot shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of these Terms.
If any term, condition, or provision of these terms and conditions is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
Use of this Website and these Terms shall be subject only to the laws of England and Wales which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use.
The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this Website and its use and these Terms.
This Website is aimed at users in the United Kingdom. Where UK regulatory authorities have jurisdiction over the contents of this Website, Loot has attempted to ensure compliance with the requirements of such regulatory body.
However, some of the information in the pages contained in this Website is not to be accessed from certain jurisdictions and no representation or warranty is made as to whether the information available in this Website complies with the regulatory regime of countries other than the United Kingdom.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Loot relating to the subject matter herein.
If you have any questions or queries regarding any of the services or products featured please contact us using the feedback tab displayed on the right hand side of the website.
Loot Ltd. Registered office: 1 Curzon Street, London W1J 5HD. Registered in England and Wales with Company no. 07310736. VAT no. GB 996 0287 74
When you are buying services over the Internet, you need to be assured that your details will be safe from prying eyes and misuse.
Loot is well aware of these issues and it is important that you are too and that you are confident that every effort has been made to protect you.
Any information being passed over the internet, whether credit card details, names, addresses, phone numbers or other sensitive information is encrypted to the highest industry standard so that no one can read or obtain your details for fraudulent means.
You can pay using one of the following credit/debit cards: Visa, MasterCard.
All prices are quoted in Pounds Sterling and payment cannot be accepted in any other currency.
All information is held by Cybersource/PayPal who will be responsible for debiting the correct amount from your card. Once your transaction is completed, Loot does not keep a record of your credit card number. The only record Loot keeps is the authorisation number received from the bank. This is to ensure against the use of stolen cards.
1. In these terms and conditions (the "Advertising Terms and Conditions"), (a) "the Publisher" means Loot Limited, of: 1 Curzon Street, London W1J 5HD (Company No. 07310736), the publisher of Loot paper, Bargain Pages, loot.com, Loot Recruit bargainpages.co.uk, lootrecruit.com and loot2012rentals.com; (b) "Buyer" means the person placing the order to insert the Advertisement, whether such person be the advertiser of the product/service (the 'Advertiser') or the Advertiser's advertising agency or media buyer; (c) an 'Advertisement' means the matter to be published or separately inserted.
The publisher offers the service of publishing Advertisements in the Loot paper, Bargain Pages, Loot Recruit, lootrecruit.com, loot.com, bargainpages.co.uk and loot2012rentals.com. These Advertising Terms and Conditions apply to Advertisements published in Loot's portfolio, both print and online
2. The Buyer contracts with the Publisher as principal. Where the Buyer and the Advertiser are different persons, the Buyer warrants that it is properly authorised to place the Advertisement on behalf of the Advertiser.
3. The Buyer warrants that in relation to an Advertisement as submitted or subsequently amended:
4. The copyright for all purposes in all artwork, copy and other material which the Publisher or its employees have originated or reworked shall vest in the Publisher. The Buyer grants the Publisher a licence to reproduce in Loot's portfolio all material not so vesting unless specifically agreed otherwise.
5. The Buyer agrees to check the correctness of the Advertisement. Any complaint, whether about the Advertisement (and of each individual Advertisement if part of a series) or the details contained in the email confirmation of booking, must be raised with the Publisher within 7 days of publication or receipt of email confirmation of booking (whichever is the earlier) and will not affect the liability for payment at the due time.
6. The Buyer will indemnify the Publisher and keep it indemnified against all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses or liability whatsoever incurred by the Publisher arising directly or reasonably foreseeably as a result of any breach or non-performance by the Buyer of any of the representations, warranties or other terms herein contained or implied by law.
7. All material contained in Loot's portfolio is published in good faith, the Publisher does not in any circumstances accept responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of any Advertisement or message published or its compliance with any legal or regulatory requirements (nor is any kind of warranty expressed or implied by such publication). The Publisher specifically disclaims all and any liability to the Buyer, Advertisers, readers and users of any kind (other than death or personal injury caused by the Publisher's negligence or breach of statutory duty) for loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and however arising, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause, and whether on the part of the Publisher or its employees or agents or any other person. Save in the case of death or personal injury caused by the Publisher's negligence or breach of statutory duty, under no circumstances shall the Publisher be liable to the Buyer or the Advertiser or any other party for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of sales, loss of goodwill, loss of profits, whether or not the Publisher was advised of the possibility of such losses. In all other respects, the Publisher's liability shall be limited to either (a) placement of a new Advertisement the same or similar to the Advertisement originally booked in either Loot's portfolio or (b) the amount paid or payable by the Buyer.
8. The Buyer agrees that the Publisher has no liability in respect of any box numbers and agrees not to use box numbers for sending original documents, goods or payments of any kind, nor for the distribution of circulars. Box number replies will be collected only by the Buyer or the Buyer's nominee. An additional fee will be charged to the Buyer for use of a box number.
9. Payment in respect of the Advertisement (including where relevant any associated production, late copy and box number charges) is due in advance of publication except where the Publisher has confirmed its agreement in writing to allow credit to the Buyer, in which case payment shall be due:
Full details of each remittance under this clause are to be supplied to the Publisher by the due time. Payment shall mean (i) the receipt by the Publisher at its principal place of business (or elsewhere as it may direct) of cash or a cheque subsequently honoured or at the bank of monies transferred electronically or through the clearing bank's Giro credit system or (ii) payment by credit card which may be subject to an additional administration charge. For the avoidance of doubt in determining the last working day of the month, only English bank holidays shall apply.
11. The Buyer agrees to pay the Publisher in respect of each Advertisement for which payment is not made by the due time: (a) the sum of £25 as an administration charge and (b) the interest on the amount paid late at the rate of four per cent above the base rate of Barclays Bank plc accruing from day to day (including the day on which payment was due) both before and after judgment. Any such additional charge is payable within seven days following delivery of the Publisher's invoice particularising it.
12. The Publisher will endeavour to reproduce and prepare colour and mono Advertisements as requested but cannot guarantee that reproduction will meet its normal standards. In any event the Publisher shall have no liability where the Buyer has supplied material not in accordance with the Publisher's specifications as set out in the rate card or as available on request.
13. The Publisher may decline to publish, or omit, suspend, edit, change the position or require amendment of all or any part of any Advertisement accepted for insertion. The Publisher is not obliged to publish any Advertisement on a particular day or in a particular position.
14. The Publisher will not be liable for any loss of copy, artwork, photographs or other materials. The Buyer warrants that it has retained copies and the originals of Advertisements.
15. The Buyer may cancel an Advertisement only in accordance with this clause 15. The Buyer's right to cancel depends upon whether he or she is a "Consumer" (as that term is defined in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulation 2000 (the "Regulations")) or not (ie a "trade Buyer") as follows:
Upon cancellation, the Buyer shall be entitled to a full refund. If the Buyer is deemed unable to pay its debts within section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986, this may be treated as a cancellation.
16. Without prejudice to the Publisher's entitlement to be paid, in the event of any error in the publishing of the Advertisement caused by the act or omission of the Publisher, the Publisher at its sole discretion may either re-insert the Advertisement or make a reasonable refund of or adjustment to the cost. No re-insertion, refund or adjustment will be made where the error, misprint or omission does not materially detract from the Advertisement.
17. There is no obligation on the Publisher to supply voucher copies, tearsheets or other acceptable facsimile, illustrating publication and their absence shall not affect the Buyer's liability for payment.
18. These Advertising Terms and Conditions apply to Advertisements published within Loot's portfolio.
19. The Publisher may repeat the publication of the Advertisement on any other website or on any and all media now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, print, electronic, or digitised versions) owned or operated by the Publisher, or any third party that the publisher has agreements with such as Jobs week etc.
21. The placing of an order for an Advertisement amounts to an acceptance of these terms (including any additional matters set out in the rate card) to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No variation shall be binding unless agreed in writing.
22. If any provision of these terms is held to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part, these terms shall continue to be valid as to the other provisions and the remainder of the affected provision. No waiver by the Publisher shall be effective except in relation to the matter in respect of which it was specifically given.
23. The Publisher may for its own benefit enforce in its own right any of these terms subject to and in accordance with the provisions of The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Except as provided by this clause, nothing in these terms is intended to confer on any person any right to enforce any provision of these terms which that person would not have had but for the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
24. These terms shall be construed under and governed by the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
IMPORTANT: All Advertisements will require payment.